Click on the Tab for the Year you wish to read about
Australia Day Awards
Eudunda Australia Day Breakfast and Community Awards. Who will be the winners in 2020?
Eudunda Australia Day Breakfast and Community Awards. Who will be the winners in 2019?
At the Australia Day Breakfast Celebrations held in the Eudunda Gardens on Australia Day, January 26th 2018 approximately 150 people gathered to have a chat over a tasty and free breakfast put on by the Eudunda Show Committee and to recognise and celebrate the achievements of some in our community.
The event is sponsored by the Regional Council of Goyder and organised by the Eudunda Community, Business and Tourism Committee (ECBAT) who wish to thank all those who contribute to the community and to help organise this event.
Fortunately the morning weather was quite pleasant, a relief after the many hot days. At 9am the very capable Bill Mader took on the job of MC and introduced Eudunda’s Ward Councillors, Cr. Blake rule and Cr. Peter Dunn who were to present the awards.
Trevor Mathews, Chairperson of Eudunda Community, Business and Tourism Committee (ECBAT) gave the gathering a great summary of what challenges and the many great achievements ECBAT has had in the past year. It is a time to look forward, and to work with our local council to solve some of the issues we face and to make some improvements.
Eudunda’s Tidy Town Awards were presented first,
- Best Community Project – Eudunda RSL – Anzac Day Ceremony, with Eudunda RSL Present John Stevens accepting the award.
- Christmas Lights Displays – Not awarded for 2017
- Best Presented Property for Residents over 70 – Myrtle Prior
- Most Improved Residential Property – Angela Francis, whom is doing a great job restoring one of the oldest houses remaining in Eudunda.
- Best Community Grounds – Eudunda Caravan Park, accepted by Trevor Mathews and Greg Post, who are please to see the project reach completion after years of red tape.
- Best Presented Business Premises – Infinity 13, accepted by owner Lisa Menzel, who operates a new hairdresser shop in the main street.
- Best Garden for Rural Properties – this new award went to Hedley and Joy Scholz
- Best Presented Garden – Pam Dutschke. It was mentioned that not only does Pam have a great personal garden, but she looks after many other gardens of note as well. Great work Pam!
- Best Presented property for 2017 – Bob and Deadra Leditschke who were presented with a certificate and the Perpetual Trophy to display in their home for this coming year.
Next came the Australia Day Awards
- Young Citizen of the Year – Kayla Steinborner. Anna Roebuck told the gathering she nominated Kayla for this great award for her efforts in fund-raising for others in need.
- Community Event of the Year – Eudunda Christmas Street Parade & Party, accepted by Regina Scholz & Katie Preston for the great work they have done to make the event a success (as it has been for the last 5 years they have coordinated it)
- Citizen of the Year – Trevor & Julie Mathews as Join Winners. Ruth Colben nominated them both and explained just how hard it was to get them to accept this award. Both Julie & Trevor do a massive amount of work, much of it unseen and they are very humble people, not wanting accolades. Ruth told us that In the end they only agreed when she was able to convince them that they would be promoting “Volunteerism” in the community, and both Julie and Trevor highlighted how volunteering for your local community in some way, was very valuable to all.
Eudunda Australia Day Breakfast and Community Awards. Who will be the winners in 2018?
Australia Day Award Presentations 2017 - Eudunda
Citizen of the Year: Pam Dutschke
Young Citizen of the Year: Blake Launer
Community Event of the Year: Eudunda Hall & Catering Committee
Eudunda & Robertstown have a proud history of participation in the Australia Day Breakfast and Community Awards.
2016Some 200 people - a record number for the event enjoyed superb weather and a great morning's breakfast. The catering was put on by the Committee, Family & Friends of the Eudunda Show including eggs and bacon, sausages, pancakes, fresh fruit platters, orange juice and champagne, tea & coffee. Chairperson Cirsten Leditschke of the Eudunda Community, Business & Tourism (ECBaT) was very pleased with the attendance and the day. ECBAT organises the event each year on Australia Day, with sponsorship from the Regional Council of Goyder. A big congratulations to Kathy Handke for becoming Eudunda's Citizen of the Year, and Kahlia Jenke winning Eudunda's Young Citizen of the Year and the Eudunda Bowling Club 90th Birthday Celebrations for Eudunda's Event of the Year.
Eudunda KESAB Tidy Town Awards
|Award Category||Award Recipient|
|Best Community Project||Eudunda Lutheran parish - Longest Lutheran Lunch|
|Christmas Lights Displays||Rodney & Betty Pfitzner Bronte & Carol Pfitzner|
|Best Presented Property for Residents over 70||Yvonne Schulz|
|Most Improved Residential Property||Bill & Lynne Sanford|
|Best Community Grounds||Eudunda RSL Monument & Garden|
|Best Presented Business Premises||Eudunda Chem Plus Chemist|
|Best Presented Garden||Geoff & Liz Mosey|
|Best Presented Property for 2015||Ross Potter|
Australia Day Awards
|Award Category||Award Recipient|
|Young Citizen of the Year||Kahlia Jenke|
|Event of the Year||Eudunda Bowling Club's 90th Birthday Celebrations|
|Citizen of the Year||Kathy Handke|