The following solar & other renewables projects are in progress or planned to commence in the Goyder Council region over the next 2 years.
- SA WATER PROJECT – Solar farms at the 4 water pumping stations on the Morgan/Whyalla pipeline between Robertstown & Morgan.
This project commenced in July 2019 & is expected to be completed in early 2020. The contractors have used local accommodation covering at least 12 different houses, hotels etc, food & other services in the Robertstown & Eudunda areas for their 30 to 40 workers over this period.
- SOLAR RIVER PROJECT – Near Florieton between Burra & Morgan.
This project is likely to commence in early 2020 & is estimated to require 250 workers over the 2 year life of the project.
- ROBERTSTOWN SOLAR – Near Robertstown power substation, just north east of Robertstown.
Commencement of this project is expected in July 2020 & is estimated to require 275 workers over the 2 year life of the project.
- GOYDER RENEWABLES PROJECT – NEOEN – South of Burra & north of Robertstown near World’s End & Bright.
This project is estimated to commence in late 2021 & will require up to 300 workers for up to 4 years project life.
- ROBERTSTOWN INTERCONNECTOR PROJECT – At Robertstown power substation & along the power line to Wagga Wagga in NSW.
Commencement is expected in the middle of 2021 & will take 18 months to complete Stage 1 to the Riverland.
Goyder Council Councillors & Staff, the Eudunda Community Business & Tourism Committee (ECBAT) & the Robertstown & District Community Management Committee are ensuring that the maximum possible impact & interaction is gained from these projects in the local communities from Burra to Eudunda by connecting the contractors of each project to the local labour force, accommodation & food providers & other businesses. This is being done as a community service project with Mel Zerner, a former local Eudunda resident, who is voluntarily assisting Goyder Council and the other community groups in this initiative.
If you have any questions on the status of any of the above projects or their local requirements, please contact Mel on Mobile 0418852353 or through the web form below
Regular updates will be provided through this website and various newsletters.
Regards Mel Zerner