Samantha Urges Sporting Clubs – News 17th April 2020
Take Advantage Of Your Spare Time – During COVID-19 Lockdown.
DEAR CLUBS, ASSOCIATIONS, AND COMMUNITY GROUPS
Well, the COVID dust has settled for the moment and now is a great time to get in touch and offer a few questions your committees could be asking:
- Is your club committee using this down-time to plan and prepare to re-open?
- Has the committee assessed the finances for the club? What is the $$ position now and what is the plan for next 6-12 months?
- Is the committee actively supporting training and education for members? Now is a great time for committee and club members to get some training.
- Are you reaching out to your membership and /or organisations and sponsors? Now is the time for membership drives, grants and fundraising for those future projects.
- How connected are your volunteers, how are they doing lately?
I am here to help clubs- so if you need help with any of the above- here is some information and get in touch and get going…
- ZOOM Conferencing:
STARCLUB has purchased a ZOOM licence for Clubs, Groups and Associations across the Clare, Goyder & Wakefield regions to use. I can assist your committee to hold meetings (longer than the 40mins allocated to free zoom use) and get on with the business of the club. If you would like assistance with arranging a ZOOM meeting with your committee- please give me a call to make arrangements. I can also assist your members to feel confident to get ZOOM-ing!
- Club and Committee Development:
During this down-time, continuing with club development and planning just makes GOOD SENSE! If you want to be re-bound ready, I am here to help! I can work with your committee to create documentation and policy, and start planning to get through this period and be ready to begin the season. With the help of ZOOM teleconferencing- let’s get going
- Club committee training via Webinar: ( look to council/sport grant programs to keep your committee and club active and learning during)
During this time, there is opportunity for club committees to engage with training that is both FREE and with fees, to upgrade skills and knowledge of the committee, help the club to engage with their members, offer services and keep the culture of the club alive!
SEE TABLE AT END OF BULLET POINTS FOR VARIOUS LINKS
- Grant Programs, financial assistance and club planning- all goes hand-in-hand!At present, there are grant programs available to clubs, covering COVID, Hardship, and continuation of facility and project development. If you would like to discuss planning and future projects please call to discuss or arrange a ZOOM meeting with the committee. I can assist and review your grant applications.Please also check a Grants e-newsletter from Dan van Holst Pellekaan MP and further links below:
- Office for Recreation, Sport and Racing- Grassroots-Football, Netball & Cricket Facilities Grant– Round 3 open. https://www.orsr.sa.gov.au/funding/apply_for_funding/gfcnfp closing- April 30th.
- Look to your local Council websites. They are currently reviewing their grants programs to better assist clubs and community groups dealing with immediate hardship.
- Contact your- State Sporting Offices. (if you haven’t told them, how does your State office know if you are in financial difficulty)
- The GRANTS Hub- www.thegrantshub.com.au/featured-grants-list/
- Inclusive Sport SA http://inclusivesportsa.com.au/grants/
***Keep a look out in coming weeks: A FREE webinar for sports regarding “Financially Managing your club through COVID”
|Here is a list of organisations with training workshops, certificates and webinars your committee can use:|
|o SASMA – SA Sports Medicine Association||https://sasma.com.au/|
|o SPORT SA||https://www.sportsa.org.au/trng/|
|o GOOD SPORTS||https://goodsports.com.au/|
|o SPORTS COMMUNITY||https://sportscommunity.com.au/|
|o TD SPORT SOLUTIONS|
|o PLAY BY THE RULES||http://www.playbytherules.net.au/online-courses|
Don’t hesitate in contacting me if you are interested in any of the information above- I am here to help!
The STARCLUB Program is a
shared council resource across the
Central Mid-North region of
Clare, Wakefield & Goyder.
DID YOU KNOW… STARCLUB is NOT ONLY a program for SPORTS Clubs?
There is a diverse range of clubs, groups and associations that register with the program:
- Progress Associations
- Dragon Boats
- Pidgeon Clubs
- Dance – ballet, hip hop, etc.
- Darts /snooker
- 4 wheel driving
- Air Cadets
- Walking/Hiking Groups
- Agricultural Societies
- Theatre & Arts organisations
- Community Management Committees
- Dog clubs
- Sword craft- Action play groups
Future Sessions – Child safe Officer, Safe for All workshop, ORSR funding session, Strategic planning, succession planning- how to…