Cultural, Heritage and Tourism Links
If you have a Cultural, Heritage or Tourism Link
– please let us know so we can add it here.
Food & Drinks
- Eudunda Bakery
- Eudunda Hotel Motel #
- Eudunda Roadhouse
- Foodland Eudunda
- Good Karma Cafe
- Karpinski General Store and Newsagency
- Kooky’s Kafe and Katering
- Light Hotel #
- Saddleworth Meats - Eudunda Butcher
- Umoya Store Pty Ltd
Places to Stay in Eudunda – Accommodation
Local Tour Operators
Tourism Information Services
You can find brochures & information at these locations
- Eudunda – Toilets – on The National Toilet Map – Check out locations, availability and a trip planner
- Burra & Districts Visitor Information Centre
- Clare Valley Wine, Food & Tourism Centre
- Eudunda Family Heritage Gallery
- Eudunda Visitor Information Service
- Gawler Visitors Centre
- Kapunda Visitor Information Centre
- Morgan Visitor Information Centre
- Robertstown War Memorial Community Centre
- South Australia - Rewards Wonder
- South Australian Tourism Commission
- Truro SA Community
Things to do in Eudunda & Surrounds – Activities
This is not an exhaustive list – there are so many different ways to enjoy the area
- SHOPS: Visit the local shops, especially our Food & Drink places (see list above).
- OP SHOPS: Pickup a bargain at the local op shops – we have 2 with Carer’s Link & Red Cross – check out when they are open.
- MARKETS: Local Trash & Treasure, Produce, Market run by the Eudunda Community Hub & Shed – First Saturday of the Month
- GARDENS: Visit our magnificent award winning gardens. Plus there are Open Gardens at certain times of the year.
- ANIMALS: Visit the Fauna Park – Opposite the Eudunda Area School (off Thiele Highway on way to Morgan).
- SWIM: Summer time – Visit the Eudunda Swimming Pool – only $2.00 per session to go in (limited to temp being over 28 degrees).
- DRIVING: – See list below
- WALKING: – See list below
- CYCLING – PUSHBIKE: – beautiful scenes along quiet country back roads. Some formal trails are being developed at the present time (June 2019)
- MOTORCYCLING: – Wide open roads, with flowing corners – a Motorcyclist Dream, through to off road adventures (nothing formal)
Contact Diener’s for a Private Off Road MX Style track 0427 353 856
Major Local Events
- Major Local Events-
- Jan – Australia Day Breakfast
- May – Eudunda Heritage Gallery – History Festival – ‘About Time’
- Jun – Lew Job 2 Day Trial Robertstown Motorcycle Action
- Jun - Copyworld Walky 100 - Car Rally
- Jul – 24 hour Trial Motorcycle Action
- Aug – Eudunda Golf Club (Home of Legacy & JAK Golf Weekends)
- Aug – South Australian Living Artists Festival (SALA)
- Sep – Eudunda Golf Club (Legacy & JAK Golf Weekend)
- Oct – Betty Gray Tudor Iris Open Garden Weekend and Roots 'N' Leaves Open Iris Garden (several weeks)
- Nov – Eudunda Show
- Dec – Christmas Street Parade & Party
Local Drives & Trails
Eudunda is well positioned for you to join in both local and larger regional (and state) trails.
- Colin Thiele Drive – visit the Eudunda Heritage Gallery for a tour
- Cultural Tourism – Fully Guided Tour – Terrys Infused Cultural Experience – Cultural tourism in the Mid North
- Eudunda Town Walk –Top End & Bottom End Tours
- Eudunda Family Heritage Gallery – visit the Gallery to find out about thier many specialized tours around the area
- Lavender Federation Trail – A Fabulous walking trail which spans from Murray Bridge in the South to Clare in the North.
The only major walking trail covering the Eastern side of the Mount Lofty Ranges. It has magnificent view and lots to explore.
Eudunda is a major ‘Trail head’ and there are lots of loop and spur trails to enjoy for shorter experiences.
- Neales Flat & Brownlow – Heritage Gallery have a new guided tour – inquire there
- Sutherlands – Bower
- Peep Hill
- Point Pass – Ngapala – Julia – Hampden – Tarnma
- Hansborough – Anlaby
One fabulous place to visit is –Anlaby Homestead. It has beautiful gardens and buildings to explore. By appointment.
- ‘The Water Diviner’ – The latest trail is because of a fantastic movie by Russell Crowe called ‘The Water Diviner’. The early scenes of the movie were shot in the Eudunda, Burra & Quorn area of the Mid North of South Australia. Check out our special page if you would like to know more.
Walking Activities & Trails
- 10000 Steps around the towns- These pamphlets are bought to you courtesy of the Barossa Health, Barossa Division of General Practice, Goyder Council, Eudunda Primary OHSA and community members.
As the project is no longer running we asked if we could host the documents here so they would be available to everyone.
- map-Eudunda (PDF 1.4 kb)
- map-Robertstown (PDF 1.4 kb)
- map-Truro (PDF 1.4 kb)
- map-Kapunda (PDF 1.7 kb)
- map-Grenock (PDF 1.4 kb)
- map-Swan_Reach (PDF 1.5 kb)
- map-Angaston (PDF 1.6 kb)
- map-Nuriootpa (PDF 2.1 kb)
- map-Tanunda (PDF 1.4 kb)
- Lavender Federation Trail- A Fabulous walking trail which spans from Murray Bridge in the South to Clare in the North. The only major walking trail covering the Eastern side of the Mount Lofty Ranges. It has magnificent view and lots to explore. Eudunda is a major ‘Trail head’ and there are lots of loop and spur trails to enjoy for shorter experiences. The Main trail is 325 kilometres with connecting Loop & Spur Trails providing an additional 96 km. The LFT intersects with the Kidman, Mawson, Heysen and Riesling Trails and links to trails within the Kinchina Conservation Park at Monarto. The trail network has been designed, constructed and maintained entirely by volunteers.
History & Tourism Links